Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Why I Heart Trader Joe's

I know people are tired of hearing about it, but I don't care!! I have been waiting for this day to come ever since I moved back from New York. Finally, I no longer have to resent Omaha for getting one first. Finally, I can eat healthier daily without going broke. FINALLY. Some people say they don't get the hype, and that's alright. I don't want the store crowded up with people who aren't really invested anyways! But they truly are missing out. I have planned lunches and dinners for the whole week (cooking for two at dinner time)--all well-balanced meals with an entree, some type of fruit or vegetable and usually something else, like bread, on the side (and don't forget the necessary dinner wine)--all for under $65 for the week! Amazing!! With my new job, during the school year I won't get off of work until 7pm Monday through Thursday. Trader Joe's gives me options that are quick to whip-up, while still having a nutritious, balanced meal. If it weren't for them, I would probably be eating Easy Mac four times a week! If you are a TJ's rooky, I thought I would share some of my favorites with you that I picked up last time I went. All of them come highly recommended, are low in fat, organic (or at least all natural) and high in nutrients! I know I will discover more treasures as I go back over the months, so I will be sure to repost when I find them!



Asparagus Risotto






Egg White Salad



Sliced Mangos



Vegetable Samosas



Artichoke Ravioli




Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus



I just realized that everything I posted is vegetarian! Not on purpose!! I am not a huge meat-eater, so that's probably why, but Trader Joe's does have plenty of meat options as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment