Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Festivities Plus a Baby!

How awesome is Fall?

Tom got to welcome his first nephew, Easton Charles, into the world on September 23rd. We were able to go to Omaha to meet him a few weeks ago. He is absolutely adorable!! Tom and I are so sad we don't live closer to see him all the time and babysit, but we are just going to have to Skype and go to Omaha more often...we don't want to miss any of the little guy growing up!! Tom's sister and brother-in-law are doing great; parenthood definitely becomes them!
Easton (about a month old)

Meeting the little guy for the first time!


Husker fan from birth.

The Kalasek family :) Sam, Brian, and Easton getting ready to go home from the hospital.



I was also able to go to the NCTM (National Counsel of Teachers of Mathematics) conference this past week in Atlantic City. My job allows us to choose one conference a year to attend, and I really love the NCTM organization. It was my first time in Atlantic City, and though it was more exciting than St. Louis would've been (actually, I don't know now since there's a World Series going on!!), I don't see myself vacationing there soon. Maybe I'm just a Vegas snob, but there is no comparison between the two. The conference itself was awesome, so the trip was all-in-all worthwhile. I was able to do some shopping at their outlet stores and see the ocean for a few days if nothing else!!

Atlantic City Boardwalk


This weekend, I decided I wanted to spend the day indulging in my favorite season by ordering pizza, having a few seasonal micro-brews, carving pumpkins and making snacks. My sister and my best friend, Natalie, came over to join in!! We were able to sit outside on the back deck with the unseasonably warm weather (since when is it 80 degrees in late October??) while we carved...what a great day!
My sister's pumpkin
Natalie's Chihuahua Pumpkin

My kitty pumpkin

Toasted pumpkin seeds

Witch's hats made from fudge stripe cookies and Hershey's kisses

My favorite seasonal brew for the year: Hoptober from New Belgium

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to get coffee sometime soon and catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete