Friday, February 17, 2012

The Month of Love

Happy (late) Valentine's Day to everyone!! I never usually make a big stink about this holiday, but I love any reason to make a fun craft or try a new recipe to take to the office with me. This year, I opted for these Valentine's Day blondies that I found on Pinterest:


I cut them into little squares and called them my "bite-sized blondies"



They were a hit at work!! Basically, they are just cookie bars with M&Ms, but they are called blondies because they are in the shape of brownies, except...blonde! Don't make the same mistake as Tom did when he took them into his work and call them whities...yikes.

I also wanted to do something original for Tom for Valentines day, but what do you get a guy who you have been dating for 5 years? We never do presents for holidays anymore..but I still wanted to remind him how much I loved him and to make him feel special. My friend, Carly, found this idea and made it for her new beau, so I snagged the idea and made it for Tom. The idea comes from Pinterest as well, and all you need is a deck of cards, Mod Podge, a binder ring, a hole punch, little hand-written (or typed) thoughts, and 52 things you love about your special honey! I think Tom really appreciated the authenticity that this gift offered, more so than your standard greeting card, for sure! I cut out small rectangles from heart-themed scrapbook paper and wrote my thoughts with a Sharpie. Then I used Mod Podge to put a glossy seal over the top. I used the hole punch so I could bind the cards together on the ring for easy flip access. 


52 Things I Love About You



Hope everyone had a fabulous Valentine's Day!! 


Tom actually does have a romantic side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment